Sydney Flying Squadron Limited
ACN 000 487 230
NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
INVITATION TO “ORDINARY” FINANCIAL MEMBERS AND LIFE MEMBERS
The 127th Annual General Meeting of the Sydney Flying Squadron Limited will be held at 10:30 am on Sunday, 13 November, 2016 in the Clubhouse, 76 McDougall Street, Milsons Point, NSW.
- To confirm the minutes of the 126th Annual General Meeting.
- To receive and adopt the financial statements of the Company and Group for the year ending 31 May, 2016 and reports by the Directors and the Auditors.
- To elect the Board for the coming year.
- To deal with any business of which notice has been given in accordance with the requirements of the Company’s Constitution (Articles of Association).
- To deal with any other business that the meeting may approve of, and for which due notice has not been given.
NOMINATION FOR BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Nominations for the positions of Vice-President, Commodore, Vice-Commodore and Director are sought. Nominations must be in the hands of the Food and Beverage Manager (Anthony Riolo) not less than 14 days prior to the date set for the Annual General Meeting (AGM) and will close at 4:00 pm Friday, 28 October 2016.
The proposer, seconder and nominee must be financial Ordinary* members or Life Members as per the Articles of Association at the time of signing the nomination form.
Please refer to the Articles of Association for exact definitions. Nomination forms are available from the Sydney Flying Squadron office during office hours and are downloadable from the Club’s website.
Notification of nominations received will be posted on the Club Notice Board.
VOTING RIGHTS FOR ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
ONLY ORDINARY* MEMBERS who are financial members and LIFE MEMBERS are eligible to vote. Please refer to the Articles of Association for exact definitions.
Ordinary* Members are deemed to be:
- financial SAILING members 18 years of age and over, actively involved in sailing at the Sydney Flying Squadron, who have twelve (12) months continuous financial membership.
- financial SOCIAL members 18 years of age and over who have three (3) years continuous financial membership.
In case of doubt as to the form of validity of any nomination or voting rights, the matter shall be referred to the Returning Officer, whose decision shall be final.
Eva Karpati for Anthony Riolo, Secretary, Sydney Flying Squadron Limited
ANNUAL REPORT FOR 2015-2016
The Annual Report for 2015-2016 is available to view on the Club’s website. Click here to view the Annual Reports Page
Hard copies are also available at the Club during office hours.